Frequently asked questions.
We’ve got answers to everything MAX.
Where do I find FAQs for the MAX Online event?
MAX Online is taking place from October 10–12. For any questions related to the online event, please refer to the dedicated FAQ page.
What is the Adobe MAX agenda?
The in-person agenda includes 3 days of keynotes, Sneaks, plus more than 200 sessions, Creativity Super Sessions, labs, and photowalks. It also includes evening networking activities including a Welcome Reception and MAX Bash. In addition, the Creative Park offers access to Adobe product experts and sponsors with the latest products and services for creatives. Check out the in-person agenda page for more information.
- Preconference (only available in-person): Sunday, October 8 and Monday, October 9
- In-person conference: Tuesday, October 10 through Thursday, October 12
- The online agenda includes two days (October 10 and 11) of live and on-demand keynotes, Sneaks, Creativity Super Sessions, and luminary sessions, plus more than 50 sessions with informative and inspiring content for creatives. View the MAX Online page for more details.
What is included in my full conference registration?
- Keynotes (Tuesday–Wednesday, October 10–11)
- Creativity Super Sessions (Tuesday–Wednesday, October 10–11)
- MAX Sneaks (Wednesday, October 11)
- All sessions and a maximum of three labs and one photowalk (Tuesday–Thursday, October 10–11)
- Access to the Creative Park Welcome Reception, and MAX Bash
- Light meals are provided for all attendees for breakfast and lunch during the main conference days (Tuesday, October 10–Thursday, October 12). Evening hors d’oeuvres options will be offered at the Welcome Reception on Tuesday and at MAX Bash on Wednesday.
- Does not include access to preconference labs and bundles which can be purchased separately.
What is the difference between the various session types offered?
- Keynotes: A look at the latest industry trends and newest tools for creatives. Available in person and online.
- Sneaks: A sneak peek at the latest innovations we’re exploring in Adobe Labs. Available in person and online.
- Luminary sessions: Hear from creative luminary speakers. 60 minutes. In-person and online.
- Creativity Super Sessions: In-person and online. Includes demos and inspiring talks with Adobe product experts and Creative Cloud power users. 60 minutes.
- In-person sessions: 60-minute presentation including Q&A. Select sessions will be available on demand after the event.
- Online sessions: 30-minute presentation with live chat available during premiere only. Sessions will be available on demand immediately after.
- Inspiring Insights: Keep the learning going with insights from industry experts. Get hot tips and tricks and best advice in 40+ bonus videos — all under five minutes.
- Adobe Live: View live-streamed content from the Adobe Live team. Meet the MAX speakers and get deep dives into new product announcements.
What is the session catalog?
The session catalog is a listing of all sessions available as part of MAX. Choose from 200+ in-person and online sessions to discover the latest tools and techniques. You can filter by session type, track, region, day, product, technical level, audience type, and category. Note, preconferences and hands-on labs are available for in-person attendees only.
When and where is MAX 2023?
The in-person event in Los Angeles at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC). More information on LACC can be found on the Hotels and Travel page.
- October 8–9, Preconference
- October 10–12, Conference
The online event will take place from October 10–11.
Is there a conference mobile app?
There is an Adobe MAX 2023 mobile app for in person MAX attendees. The MAX mobile app helps you get the most out of your MAX experience — network with fellow attendees, manage your schedule, and access the MAX agenda, announcements, and conference maps. Download(opens in a new window) the Android or iOS conference app.
Is there a MAX Game?
Win great prizes at MAX. Visit sponsor booths in Creative Park and scan the QR code at each one. To scan a QR code, open the MAX Game in the mobile app and tap the + button at the bottom of your screen.
Attendees with at least 500 points will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a prize. Review the leaderboard in the app to see how your points compare with other MAX attendees.
Each QR code is worth the following:
- 25 points | Diamond Sponsors
- 20 points | Platinum Sponsors
- 15 points | Gold Sponsors
- 10 points | Silver Sponsors
- 5 points | Bronze Sponsors
- 5 points | Emerging Partners in Creativity Kiosks
What are the MAX Game prizes?
- (1 of 6) 12-month Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription
- (1) Google Chromebook
- (1) Philips SuperWide Curved Monitor
- (1) LG Electronics 55” UR640S Series UHD Signage TV
- (1) HP Z27xs G3 4K USB-C DreamColor Display
- (1) AWS Kindle Scribe Bundle
- (1) $500 Samsung Voucher Towards the Monitor Category
- (1) MSI Wireless Mouse & Keyboard Bundle
- (1) Xencelabs Pen Tablet Medium Bundle & Swag Package
- (1) Logitech Prize Bundle with a MX Keys Keyboard and Brio 500 Webcam
How will I know if I have won a prize in the MAX Game?
Winners will be notified by Adobe via email within one-week post-event and prizes will be shipped directly to them.
Official MAX game rules
By participating in this game, you agree that your contact information will be shared with participating sponsors and other event partners. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years or older. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is not transferable, and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Adobe reserves the right to substitute cash or a similar prize of equal or greater value should the prize listed be unavailable for any reason. This sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Employees, Contractors, or Partners of Adobe are not eligible to win. Contact sponsor support for a list of winners.
Will meals be served at MAX?
We’re excited to provide a variety of breakfast and lunch options in a convenient grab-and-go box at North Plaza and South Plaza. Daily meals have been designed to accommodate gluten, dairy, and nut free attendees. Vegetarian/vegan options will also be offered. Menu items will be labeled and onsite signage at the entrance of the meal area will be present. For any dietary concerns onsite during meal periods, please visit the pre-ordered special meals station on North Plaza and South Plaza. Check out our meal options with this menu(opens in a new window).
For additional options, please visit one of the many dining locations at L.A Live. A full list is available on their website(opens in a new window).
Please note that location, times, and menus may be subject to change.
Is the MAX schedule final?
Our session schedule may change all the way up to the conference. We aim to make final changes a couple weeks before the conference; however, sometimes unforeseen circumstances can necessitate a last-minute time change or cancellation.
What are the session tracks?
- Creativity and Design in Business
- Drawing, Painting, and Illustration
- Education (online only)
- Graphic Design
- Social Media and Marketing
- Video, Audio, and Motion
Where can I find the MAX speakers?
Visit the Speakers page to learn more about our 2023 in-person and online speakers.
You will be able to filter by craft, track, product, and region.
What does my experience level need to be for sessions?
Sessions range from beginner to advanced. We recommend attendees have a solid knowledge and proficiency of Adobe Creative Cloud tools and services.
To help select sessions that are appropriate for your skill level, MAX technical levels are defined as follows:
- Beginner: This product or topic is either new to you or you’d like to brush up and focus on basic and essential skills, techniques, and industry standards.
- Intermediate: Take your skills to the next level with content geared to refining and expanding your mastery of basic skills of the featured product.
- Advanced: You live in this featured product every day and consider yourself a master of its tools. These sessions will provide the latest and most advanced techniques to enhance your workflow.
I’m interested in being a session speaker. Who do I contact?
We are currently not accepting applications for MAX 2023. To apply for MAX 2024, please reach out to event support to be added to our interested speakers list. We'll contact you when the speaker application form opens early 2024.
Are meals included with my full conference pass?
Yes, light meals are provided for all attendees for breakfast and lunch during the main conference days (Tuesday, October 10–Thursday, October 12). Evening hors d'oeuvres options will be offered at the Welcome Reception on Tuesday and MAX Bash on Wednesday.
What is the substitution policy?
Substitution requests should be sent to event support. To ensure a smooth transfer, please make sure the original attendee and replacement are copied on the request. Please follow this procedure:
- The replacement attendee will need to register for an account using the MAX registration process, but they should stop at the orders page.
- Once an account has been set up for the replacement attendee, email your substitution requests to event support. Please include full names and registered emails of both the original participant and the replacement participant.
- Event support will transfer the registration and send a confirmation to the new participant.
- Cancellation of travel is the exclusive responsibility of the participant.
- Transfer or cancellation of the hotel, after September 19, must be made directly with the hotel.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation requests for registration fee refunds must be submitted in writing to event support and according to the following schedule.
- Before September 15, 2023: 50% refund
- September 16, 2023 or later: No refund (No-shows are ineligible for registration fee refunds.)
I have completed my registration. When and where can I pick up my badge?
You can pick up your badge at Registration, located in the Los Angeles Convention Center during event days. You will be required to show a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. MAX passes will not be mailed.
What if I lose my badge onsite?
All lost badges are subject to a $150 replacement fee.
Are COVID-19 vaccinations required to attend MAX?
Consistent with Centers for Disease Control guidance, Adobe recommends in person participants remain up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations.
How do I access my account?
Log in to your Attendee Dashboard to access your account.
What are the onsite registration hours?
Check in anytime during these hours and beat the rush on Tuesday morning.
- Sunday, Oct 8: 7am–5pm
- Monday, Oct 9: 7am–8:30pm
- Tuesday, Oct 10: 6:30am–8pm
- Wednesday, Oct 11: 7am–7pm
- Thursday, Oct 12: 7am–4pm
- *Hours subject to change
If I’m a past attendee, will my previous event account (username & password) work on the MAX registration site?
- Previous event registration information does not transfer over to the MAX 2023 registration site.
- You will need to go through the process to start a new registration. MAX registration requires an Adobe Account.
- When registering, use the email associated with your Adobe ID, your Enterprise ID, or your Federated ID. If you don’t have an account, you can set up one during registration.
Do I need to schedule in-person sessions and labs in advance?
Yes, to secure a seat in any session, you must add it to your personal MAX schedule. Sessions and labs will sell out, so schedule as soon as possible. Note: attendees can enroll in up to three labs and one photowalk.
I see a session in the catalog that does not appear schedulable. How can I schedule it?
For preconference labs and bundles:
- These courses are only available as an additional purchase through registration. Log back into your attendee dashboard and click "manage group passes and purchase" to add a preconference lab to your schedule, while space is available.
How do I delete or swap a session on my schedule?
Delete a session
- Remove a session in My schedule view:
- Click on the session you’d like to remove from your schedule and click Scheduled and Yes, remove session.
- Note: upon confirming this action, the session will be removed from your schedule.
- Remove a session in Sessions view:
- Search and find the session you’d like to remove in the session catalog.
- Click Scheduled and Yes, remove session.
- Search for other sessions to schedule in its place. Apply the Day filter to narrow your search.
Swap a session
- Swap a session in My schedule view:
- Click on the time block behind the session that’s on your schedule.
- Find the new session you’d like and click Add to schedule. Confirm if you want to replace the scheduled session with the new one or not and click Schedule session.
- Swap a session in Sessions view:
- Find the session you want to schedule in the catalog and click Schedule. If you have a conflict at this same time, you’ll be prompted to confirm which session you would like in this timeslot. Confirm if you want to replace the existing scheduled session with the new one or not.
- Make your selection and click Schedule session to update your schedule.
- Remove a session in My schedule view:
Why do the sessions, labs, and photowalks sometimes overlap?
We try to balance out the schedule so that everyone can still attend the same minimum number of sessions/labs per day. We also try to avoid sessions ending at the exact same time that labs begin (or vice versa) to help ensure attendees can get from one to the other before the session begins.
Do the room assignments change?
During the event the room assignments are not expected to change; however, it is recommended that you use the mobile app or your personal MAX schedule for the latest room information for your sessions.
What is required in MAX sessions and labs and do I need to bring anything?
- We recommend you bring something to take notes with: pen and paper, tablet, computer, etc.
- All required equipment and files will be provided for you.
- In limited cases, a speaker may reach out in advance of MAX to recommend that you bring a mobile phone or device to take photos, but those cases are limited and will be communicated in advance.
- Comfortable shoes, a light sweater or jacket, a hat, a water bottle, and sunscreen
- You will not be returning to the photowalk room, so a backpack that will fit your belongings while on the photowalk is recommended.
- To get the most out of the photowalk, please bring your mobile device with Lightroom for mobile installed.
If I have pre-enrolled for a session, will my seat still be reserved?
- Your seat will be reserved until three minutes before the session start time.
- If you fail to arrive three minutes prior, your seat will be forfeited.
- Please arrive early to secure your seat. Your enrollment in a session will be validated and scanned at the time of entry.
What are the waitlist policies for in-person sessions?
Waitlists have been closed. It is recommended that you sign up for an available session.
Onsite wait line:
- If you are not pre-enrolled for a session, you can stand in the onsite wait line outside of the session room.
- We suggest you arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the session start time.
- Two minutes prior to the start of the session, if seats are available, the door monitor will allow wait line attendees into the room as space allows.
How do I find my individual session schedule?
We recommend using the mobile app while onsite to manage your MAX schedule, which can be accessed from the home screen. You can also find your MAX schedule by selecting "My Schedule" from the Attendee Dashboard or session catalog.
There are 2 ways to access your MAX schedule:
- Click the Register/Sign in link in the top right-hand corner. Once signed in, click the circle avatar in the top right-hand corner. From there, select My schedule.
- After signing in, click the Agenda tab in the main navigation. Then click My schedule.
Will on-demand content be available?
The majority of online sessions will be available on demand after they premiere. Select in-person sessions will be available on demand in late October. On-demand content will be available at no cost for all registered attendees to watch over the coming year. Note: labs and photowalks will not be available on demand.
What is the Creative Park?
The Community Pavilion has been re-imagined to be the Creative Park — the new center for all things creative. The Creative Park is comprised of four Neighborhoods — each associated with a product discipline (Video, Photography, Graphic Design, and 3D) and anchored by the Adobe Experience. Within each Neighborhood there is a central gathering place identifiable by a bright color (blue, orange, green, and purple). Use these gathering places to meet, explore, chill, and encourage connections — to find your people and your creative inspiration.
What is the current health and safety commitment for my hotel?
- E-Central Downtown Los Angeles Hotel(opens in a new window)
- Hotel Figueroa – The Unbound Collection by Hyatt(opens in a new window)
- Hotel Indigo(opens in a new window)
- Marriott Hotels(opens in a new window):
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles L.A LIVE
- Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
- Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- JW Marriott
- Ritz Carlton
- Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles(opens in a new window)
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza(opens in a new window)
What is the pre-authorized amount for incidentals?
- Upon check-in, the hotel will authorize approximately $100 per night to your debit/credit card on file for any incidental changes (movies, hotel dining outlets, etc.).
- Note that this amount varies by hotel. Any unused authorized funds will be released back to you between 3–5 business days after your departure. Because of this hold, it is recommended that you use a credit card for these authorizations so that your personal funds on your debit card will not be affected during your stay.
What is the hotel cancellation policy?
MAX hotels within the discounted block have a 72-hour prior to your arrival cancellation policy. If you fail to cancel by the deadline, you will be charged a penalty of one-night room/tax.
When do I get a confirmation number?
Hotel confirmation numbers will be included in the final details communication the week of September 25. Hotels will not have a record of your reservation until after September 25.
Is there shuttle service available from hotels to LACC?
Complimentary shuttle bus transportation is provided between all MAX hotels that are not within walking distance from the Los Angeles Convention Center. All MAX attendees are eligible to use them. You do not have to be staying at the designated hotel.
These hotels will offer shuttle service:
- Route A – Blue
- Westin Bonaventure – Figueroa St. Entrance
- Route B – Green
- Omni Los Angeles – Curbside on Olive St. near entrance
- Millennium Biltmore – Curbside on Grand Ave, across street from hotel (near Hilton Checkers Hotel)
- Route C – Orange
- InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown – Near entrance on 7th Street
- Sheraton Grand Los Angeles – Curbside on Hope Street near entrance
- AC Hotel by Marriott Downtown Los Angeles
- Moxy Downtown Los Angeles
- The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles
- JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles
- Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles
- Hotel Figueroa
- The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown, an IHG Hotel
- Route A – Blue
What is the shuttle schedule?
Complimentary shuttle bus service is available to MAX attendees and will be provided between the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) and to some hotels within the official MAX hotel block. Buses will not be available for hotels within walking distance of LACC. Please refer to the hotel stop locations below for more route information.
IMPORTANT — SHUTTLE PICK UP TO OFFICIAL MAX HOTELS WILL ALWAYS DEPART FROM THE LACC, WEST HALL, GILBERT LINDSAY DRIVEWAY.
What airports serve the Los Angeles area?
- Los Angeles International Airport is 16 miles from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Note, LAX is experiencing ongoing construction. We recommend checking constructions on the LAX website if using that airport.
- Hollywood Burbank Airport is 17 miles from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Long Beach Airport is 23 miles from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
How do I get from the airport to my hotel?
There are many different transportation options from all airports that can be arranged at your own expense. These include shuttle buses, taxis, ride-share, car rentals, and limousine services.
Where can I find information about the Los Angeles area?
Information regarding Los Angeles attractions and weather can be found at Discover Los Angeles(opens in a new window).
Is parking available at the LACC?
The Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) has 5500 parking spaces with easy public access. The parking fee is $25 to $40/day. In addition to the LACC parking, there are multiple lots available nearby, including at L.A. LIVE adjacent to the LACC. More information on LACC parking can be found on their website(opens in a new window).
What health and safety measures will you have in place at MAX 2023?
Your safety and security remain our top priority. Consistent with Centers for Disease Control guidance, it is recommended that you stay up to date with your vaccinations and if you are not feeling well or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 5 days, we ask that you not attend the event and join the event virtually. Masks and rapid anti-gen test kits will be available upon request. We will continue to monitor health conditions and federal, state, and local requirements. As these conditions and requirements change, the Adobe MAX health and safety policy is also subject to change. Policy updates will be posted on the Health and Safety page and emailed to registered attendees.
How can I learn more about sponsors?
Visit our sponsors in the Creative Park to learn about the amazing products and services for the creative industry. Plus, they have hot delas and great giveaways available exclusively to the MAX audience during the event.
Who do I contact about becoming a MAX 2024 sponsor?
There will be unique sponsorship options available for 2024. Email us to learn more.
What is Adobe’s accessibility commitment?
Adobe welcomes the participation of individuals with disabilities and will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to enable equitable participation at Adobe MAX.
How can I get help with accessibility during the registration process?
Adobe is committed to ensuring that MAX is an inclusive event that all people, including those with disabilities, can participate in. If you experience any problems during registration or in accessing information on the MAX website, please reach out to event support and we’ll connect you with a representative who can assist you in your MAX experience.
How can I rent a wheelchair, scooter, mobility device, etc.?
Rental of mobility devices can be pre-arranged through any travel mobility equipment vendor. Attendees are responsible for securing their mobility devices, payment, and logistics. To learn more about their offerings, visit any of the websites for more information.
- Everything Medical
www.evmedus.com(opens in a new window)
- Los Angeles Scooter Rentals
www.losangelesscooterrental.com(opens in a new window)
- Pico Medical
www.picomedical.com(opens in a new window)
www.scootaround.com(opens in a new window)
- Everything Medical
Where can I charge my mobility device?
There are power outlets throughout the conference locations. Feel free to charge wherever and when needed.
Whom do I contact to request an auxiliary aid or sign language interpreter?
You can request an auxiliary aid or sign language interpreter when registering for Adobe MAX by indicating that you have accessibility requirements.
Will there be real time captioning available in sessions?
All keynotes, Sneaks, and sessions will have open captioning on a screen in a reserved seating area at the front row of each session room. Open captioning will be in English.
Does Adobe MAX have a code of conduct for the event?
The Adobe MAX conference is dedicated to providing a fun, engaging, and safe event for everyone. All Adobe MAX participants, including attendees, speakers, sponsors, vendors, and Adobe staff (“participants”) must comply with the Adobe MAX code of conduct.
By attending Adobe MAX, you are agreeing to abide by this code of conduct. Anyone found to be violating this code of conduct may be expelled at the discretion of organizers.
Adobe has a zero-tolerance policy and will not tolerate any harassing or abusive behavior towards any participant or event staff. Examples of unacceptable behavior or content include, but are not limited to:
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or harassment
- Pornographic, sexually explicit, or violent material
- Disruptive behavior
- Hateful or highly offensive content, including statements that attack or dehumanize a person based on gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, or political affiliation
- Misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive statements
- If on site, refusal to comply with rules governing access to the venue, including without limitation relating to Covid-19 protocols.
Please report any abusive content or behavior to event support. If you are on site, event staff can help you contact event security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. Please contact a member of event staff by finding a staff member via their badge, visiting the registration area, or visiting the information desk in the lobby.
If in doubt, please keep it positive and professional and be mindful of the information that you choose to share with other participants.
We expect all participants to help create a safe and supportive environment of inclusiveness, and we look forward to your attendance.
If there are any giveaways at MAX, who is eligible to receive them?
In-person giveaways are available to full conference in-person attendees only. Online giveaways are available for online attendees.
How do I stay current on MAX developments?
How can I connect with other MAX attendees?
Join the new MAX Slack Workspace to network with other attendees. Opt-in here(opens in a new window).
How can I connect with our community on social?
Use the #AdobeMAX hashtag when posting. Follow the MAX and Adobe social channels at:
Does Adobe MAX have an age limit?
For the in-person event, the minimum age to attend is 18 years, and no one under this age (including infants) will be admitted.
For the online event, there is no specific age limit, however, you must be 13 years or older to create an Adobe ID.
What is the Tax ID number?
The tax ID number for MAX is 77-0019522.
How do I obtain a W-9 form?
To request a W-9 form, send an email to event support.
How should I dress?
The event attire is casual. Carry a sweater or sweatshirt in case of cool temperatures in session rooms.
What is Adobe’s commitment to ‘going green’ at MAX?
We recognize that MAX is part of a much larger community, and we’re committed to making this an eco-friendly event in whatever ways we can. Explore our commitment to sustainability and how we’re working toward sustainability goals at the MAX 2023 event.
How do I contact event support?
Please review all FAQs to ensure the best possible experience at Adobe MAX 2023.
You may contact us through email or by phone:
U.S. and Canada: 866.382.7146
International: +1.650.360 8064
Event support is available from 6am PT to 6pm PT.
Where should I send a media inquiry?
Please email your media inquiries to our PR team.
Am I allowed to watch online sessions?
Yes, in-person attendees are welcome to watch any online sessions, either during MAX or on demand after MAX is over.
Where do I watch online sessions?
Online sessions can be accessed here.
Are online sessions available on demand and when?
The majority of sessions will be available on demand after they premiere. On-demand content will be available at no cost for all registered attendees to watch over the coming year.