Sustainability at MAX
Discover our commitment to sustainability and climate action in Los Angeles and how we’re integrating sustainability into the Adobe MAX event.
Adobe’s commitment to sustainability and climate action extends to the way we operate, the products we sell, our ecosystem engagement and industry advocacy. We apply the same high level of sustainability responsibility across all aspects of our conferences and events — from the planning to the execution.
Here are some of the ways that we are working to be more environmentally responsible and support Adobe on its path to Net Zero.
In alignment with Adobe's climate goal, MAX 2023 at the Los Angeles Convention Center will be powered with 100% renewable electricity through purchases of renewable energy credits.
Get Ready for MAX
- To reduce your travel footprint, consider staying at one of the official event hotels that is within walking distance of the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) or serviced by SEAT, our free shuttle service provider. SEAT works with The Conservation Fund to offset the CO2 generated by the shuttle buses through reforestation projects in parks and wildlife refuges.
- Or, take one of the public transportation options to LACC.
- To reduce paper waste, we eliminated paper registration, mailed marketing, and printed programs. Check your email for all pre-show registration confirmation information and download the MAX mobile app to guide your event experience.
- To reduce plastic waste, we are giving away reusable water bottles, sourced from minority-owned businesses, that can be filled throughout LACC.
- We are excited to once again host MAX at LACC, a partner who shares and supports our sustainability commitments.
- We are sourcing locally:
- Furniture and stage rentals are from local vendors or are repurposed from existing general contractor inventory
- 90% of our AV equipment is from local or regional facilities and vendors that are within 100-500 miles from LACC
- To minimize energy consumption, we are using 100% ENERGY STAR-certified or equivalent electronic equipment and LED lighting fixtures.
- We eliminated vinyl in the scenic design elements.
- We reduced carpet use by 69% in the Creative Park.
- Instead of directional signage, our Adobe Ambassadors are there to answer questions and provide directions.
- Where we have printed materials on the conference floor, they are available in limited quantities and are printed with vegetable-based inks on recycled paper.
- We are providing vegetarian and vegan options and using compostable serviceware
- Our catering service provider prioritizes ingredients from local sources (less than a day’s drive) as a first choice, to support small and mid-sized American family farms.
- They also support hyper-local with both hydroponic and in-ground gardens.
- They advocate for farm animal welfare within the service industry and responsibly source in accordance with their Animal Welfare Policy.
- They serve wild caught and aquaculture seafood based on recommendations from the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch Program.
- They also serve fair trade and eco-certified coffee, and support Change Please Coffee, an organization where 100% of its profits support training, vital services and employment of people experiencing homelessness as baristas.
- We partner with Mile High Workshop to upcycle the MAX banners. So far, this effort has transformed 6,500 square feet of banners into 300 totes and 500 zipper pouches.
To learn more about Adobe's sustainability commitment, please read our Corporate Social Responsibility Report.